Today the business environment is more ferocious than it was a few decades ago. The entire operating system of business was completely different. All they had to do is produce high-quality products and hire the best marketers who would help in spreading the word. But now due to the existence of the cut-throat competition in the market, businessmen are considering a strategic approach to Digital Transformation.
The end-users of the product who are searching for the best quality product and services are just not looking for the best quality but also the new approach of the organization to retain their trust and relationship which is only possible through digitalization.
Therefore, digital transformation is much more complicated than making your business website. One needs to thoroughly understand the meaning of digital transformation before taking the steps forward.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation occurs beyond technology innovation. This means that digital transformation just doesn’t mean sprinkling different technologies in varied departments; it is a broader-cultural change in the organization. Digital transformation changes the core operational activities and values of an organization. Unlike the traditional approach towards the operations of a business, digital transformation focuses on the varied internal and external factors that affect the business in the long run and makes the business ready to face the upcoming challenges.
Benefits of Digital Transformation
- Helps in enhancing the business process by automating most of the manual tasks
- Improves customer experience
- Enables data-driven decision-making
- Brings greater agility and flexibility in business
- Ensure greater security
Now, since we know what digital transformation is, let’s discuss the role of mobile application in digital transformation.
Role of Mobile Application in Digital Transformation
The most critical aspect of digital transformation in business is the mobile application. You can as well say, a mobile application is the face of digital transformation. Researches proved that a consumer uses double of their time in smartphones when compared to desktop users. As per Smaato, every eight minutes that consumers spend on their smartphones, seven minutes are for accessing applications. Henceforth, business applications should place at the heart of your digital strategy.
The phenomenon of mobile applications entering an organization is called “enterprise mobility.” Not only does a mobile application create a better consumer experience it allows employees to connect to the core operations and tasks of the business, even when they are not at their desks. Mobile applications that yield access to enterprise software’s, gives better employee experience, and improves team productivity. Hence, mobile application plays a critical role, and enterprise mobility is a crucial component of digital transformation.
Benefits of Mobile Application
- Efficiency and Productive: Mobile applicationprovides flexibility to the employees. Employees can be more productive, as applications allow them to complete their tasks and let them keep an eye on business processes from their smart devices. When an enterprise invests in mobile applications, it opens doors by providing them with flexible working options and schedules that attract young professionals.
- Transparency: Mobile applications allow users to access and share content in a fraction of seconds from anywhere and at any time. Therefore, this allows employees to take the advantage of real-time updates which helps them to make more relevant decisions. This leads to an increase in the level of transparency which is involved in teamwork. Mobile applications have the ability to track the progress in tasks of an employee or team. Hence, by installing or implementing custom mobile applications, the enterprise gets a central dashboard that gives them control over users, systems, and approvals making the workflow and the process in becoming completely digital.
- Workflow Optimization:Mobile applications help team leads in scheduling work, allotting work, analyzing the team’s performance, and considering future actions. Mobile applications provide a framework in which business activities can take place. Any failure in supporting mobility via investing in custom applications has to pay a high price for their mistakes. Also, mobile applications help in seeing possible future roadblocks.
- Facilitates Real-time Communication:With the help of mobile applications, communication has become easier than ever. Applications such as Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, Google chat, etc. facilitate real-time communication. Mobile phones can go beyond traditional messaging systems. Now they have varied options such as embedding audio messages, video conferencing, location sharing, file attachments, and much more that contribute to real-time communication.
With all the benefits and role of mobile applications that we have seen in digital transformation, we can easily say that a mobile application is a key to enterprise success. It is one such process through which we can attain maximum operational efficiency and optimize profits.